Microblading Healing Process
Microblading is one of the most popular methods of permanent makeup for brows. The results are extremely natural and suits those who do enot want their permanent makeup to be obvious.
At Borciani London, we often get a lot of questions regarding the aftercare and healing process of microblading. In this article, we’re going to explain the healing process of microblading. We’ll explain everything to expect and the aftercare you’ll need to consider, to ensure the best results.
The final result of microblading very much depends on the aftercare as much as the quality of the treatment itself. The healing process has several stages. Immediately after having your eyebrows microbladed you will look very normal, there maybe a little redness around the brow if you have very sensitive skin, this is more often from the anaesthetic rather than the microblading itself. This redness will fade quickly allowing most to resume their usual day-to-day activities directly after the treatment itself.
The entire microblading healing process takes around 4 weeks. In that time, you’ll notice changes in their appearance as they heal. Do not let this worry you however, as it’s normal to experience some flaking along with patching and even temporary pigment loss. To help you understand, here’s a breakdown of the entire healing process:
Day By Day Microblading Healing Process :
- Day 1: Immediately after treatment, your brows will look fresh and perfectly finished.
- Day 2 – 4: Their appearance may look darker. They’ may continue to darken over this period however, will lighten again.
- Day 5 – 10: You may experience some light flaking during this time (please do not pick) and it’s very normal for the brows to look very faded, don’t worry as the pigment will ‘pop’ back around week 3.
- Day 21 – 28: Your brows will appear to be coming back however, they may look a little patchy. During this part of the healing process, it’s perfectly normal for your eyebrows to appear patchy and a little incomplete.
- Week 4-8 : It’s at this point that you’ll have your touch up., we will add in any pigment that you lost during the healing process (usually between 20%-40%) and make any adjustments should you wish your brows to be darker/thicker etc.
Microblading In London
The microblading healing process has a number of ups and downs, however at the end of the cycle, you’ll be left with extremely natural looking eyebrows. Aftercare is incredibly important and must be followed to ensure your brows look their best. Here are a few things to remember.
- Flaking is normal. It’s important that you don’t pick the flakes as you may inadvertently remove some of the pigment.
- You’ll be supplied with a balm and instructions on how to use it immediately after leaving our clinic. We’ll explain how and when to use the balm however, we do have a page dedicated to aftercare on our website.
- Avoid sun exposure or tanning along with facials, chemical treatments, microdermabrasion and peels for four weeks after the treatment.
- Avoid hot and sweaty exercise for a week and swimming, saunas and Jacuzzis for one month afterwards.
- Avoid makeup and sunscreen on the area initially after treatment and allow the eyebrows to heal without interference.